Skip to content
New Member Introductions

User Stats

Votes
Jose Alvarado
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Pasco, WA
Votes |
Hello from Pasco Washington! I have but one question for all.

Jose Alvarado
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Pasco, WA
Posted May 24 2015, 20:40

Hello everyone and anyone.

As a preface to my question, know that I am 19 years old and am starting out fresh. I currently go to school for network security, and work retail for money. I am also moving out with my girlfriend to affordable housing, of which we have at least 3 months saved up for. Some people would say I am ready for life. I say I haven't even started. I've recently started picking up self-help books and improvement books, and it has me realizing that I want more. I truly want to learn and grow, be financially independent and not worry about checks from another person to satisfy my living. And I'm glad I'm starting to learn this as a young adult. Even though I know it will take a lot of time and effort, I will get to that point of financial independence and beyond. While I feel like I have been moving like a freight train, I know there is so much to learn and digest. So the question arises, where do I start?

My plan is to become adequately literate in finances and real estate. I have only just begun, but have read and plan to reread the intelligent investor. This is to at least have a good backup plan for my failures, of which I know there will be. But I really want to learn the jargon and concepts. I know this site offers a free book, and I intend on reading it. Is it a good place to start for real estate literacy? As well, where can I get a comprehensive book(s) of terms and concepts in finances and accounting for a beginner?

To anyone who replies and or reads this post, thank you for your time.

Also, I hope this doesn't constitute a mentor request. I don't asked to be guided, but a direction would be nice.

Loading replies...