Joe Kling
  • La Puente, CA
Votes |
New Investor from Covina, CA

Joe Kling
  • La Puente, CA
Posted May 27 2015, 13:02

Hello!

I am a new investor from Covina, California. It’s just a few miles east of Los Angeles, CA. I’ve gone back and forth about describing myself as new to Real Estate or just new to BiggerPockets. I’ve been interested in RE since I was a teenager. I bought my first RE instructional video from Carlton Sheets. I’ve heard that name a few times in the podcasts, so that made me feel good.

I have owned a few properties in the past, but mostly my own homes. I rented out a condo which was originally my residence, but then when I moved I rented it out. After having a tenant break the lease and trash the property I ended up just selling it to avoid the headaches. In 2008 I lost my residence after refinancing it to invest in a business which went bust. When I couldn’t refi or sell it during the downturn I lost it. Live and learn. 

I am now back to the point that I am ready to get back into real estate. This time I am taking a more business-like focus on it and I am not purchasing a property to live in. I want to invest in buy and hold rental properties. Most importantly for me is safety. In the past I was a single man, but now I have a wife and two daughters – so I need to make sure I am able to keep a roof over their heads and food on their table first and foremost.

I’ve been a member for about a week and a half now and I have already learned a ton of new info. Thanks in advance for all of the help I know the community will be providing on my journey.

Joe

Loading replies...