• Investor
  • Litchfield Park, AZ
Votes |
Hello from a new member, Phoenix, AZ west valley area

Christopher Davis
  • Investor
  • Litchfield Park, AZ
Posted Jun 6 2015, 01:21

Greetings BiggerPockets, new member from Arizona here. So far I’m really loving this site, if I had known about such a resource I would not have hesitated so long to get back into RE investing. We almost certainly would have avoided going the “boot-camp” route for our first foray a few years back.

My wife and I got our feet wet in single family real estate in 2005, did a couple of flips and owned a few rentals before the bottom fell out. We did become a little jaded after that but ultimately got around to some critical introspection, owned our mistakes and learned some lessons.

I’m in my mid 40s and am focusing most of my attention and energy learning about multifamily residential and small apartment investing. My objective is to create passive income with the initial purpose of supplementing my income and retirement; ultimately replacing it over a 7-10 year period. I am also interested in note buying and raw land strategies, but the real focus right now is multifamily. With that in mind I’ve been listening to the podcasts, reading some blogs, watching webinars and have downloaded the Ultimate Beginner’s Guide, @Brandon Turner’s 7 Years to 7 Figure Wealth and some other freebies. We also ordered the books by @Frank Gallinelli mentioned in podcast #4.

I’m really glad to meet the community and am eager to learn and share and ultimately help others out as I have more to offer. I would love to get to know and get involved with individuals and groups who understand the greater Phoenix area market for apartments, self-storage, notes and land.

Apologies for the long intro and/or oversharing!

Best to all,

Chris 

Loading replies...