Votes
Bret Burkett
  • Arlington, TX
Votes |
New member signing in from DFW, TX

Bret Burkett
  • Arlington, TX
Posted Jul 1 2015, 09:00

Hello everybody! I am new to the Bigger Pockets website but have been listening to the podcast for a little while now. I'm excited to be here!

A little about me: I am a mechanical engineer at a giant defense contractor. I actually really enjoy my job! I get to work with my hands as well as my mind. But, it is still a job - making money for someone else. Every so often, I get the hankering to go out on my own and do something I am passionate about. My wife and many of my friends have successful businesses that they love and love to work hard at. It is so inspiring but I had never found that thing, until now. Real Estate Investing (REI) fires me up! I knew I always wanted to rent out the house we own now when we moved but hadn't given much thought to REI passed that. Now the possibilities seem so much bigger!

My goal is to, by one year from now, have entered into this world in a meaningful way. I haven't figured out if that is renting, flipping, wholesaling - so many possibilities! This will take a lot of learning, networking and I imagine a lot of time on Bigger Pockets (BP).

After reading Rich Dad, Poor Dad and listening to the BP podcast, doing nothing just isn't an option anymore. I am excited to see what the future holds!

Loading replies...