• New to Real Estate
  • Reading, PA
Votes |
Super Newbie from Roanoke, VA!

Meghan Grey
  • New to Real Estate
  • Reading, PA
Posted Jul 6 2015, 14:53

Hey y'all, and greetings from southwest VA!

I am a super-newbie, and by that I mean I have ZERO RE experience. I'm starting at the very, very bottom and hoping to work my way up and create a life doing something that I could potentially love.

Here's a little bit about me ... I'm a 29 year-old divorced single mom of one almost-six-year-old boy. I lost my job a couple of weeks ago. I have no money, no savings, and probably the worst credit that you've ever seen.

The only place to go from here is up, right?

That's my hope.

I found BP by doing a Google search on Renatus, because it sounded like one of those MLM/too-good-to-be-true things and I found a post on these forums. I browsed around the website a bit and signed up, seeing that this could be a fantastic resource for me. I've toyed with the idea of getting my RE license, etc., but I'm not sure I can invest the initial few hundred dollars into classes and licensure, and then solely work for commission after that. I don't even know if I'm going to be receiving unemployment from my job loss at this point ... no income + more no income just seems like a recipe for disaster.

Similarly, though, while I have this "time off", I figure I can use it to my advantage and learn as much as I can. If I'm going to be out of work and not making any money, I can be out of work and not making any money while volunteering or shadowing a REA or something, LEARNING.

I'm not sure what I'll be told, or if there is even any advice for someone like me. I know that it takes money to make money ... and I know I don't have any. But I have optimism. I have a brilliant, creative mind. And right now I have a ton of time while I'm looking for other work.

If I can somehow work from the bottom and climb, scrape, and pull myself up, what a great Cinderella story that would be.

And I am a sucker for a good Cinderella story. ;)

Either way, I'm pleased to meet you all. I look forward to getting to know you, learning, and hopefully contributing and helping others! :)

Warm regards,
Meghan

Loading replies...