• New York City, NY
Votes |
New York City Newb. Should I get MBA?

Mark Milbrandt
  • Other
  • New York City, NY
Posted Jul 6 2015, 21:06

Hi all,

As the heading entails I am pretty much a total newb in the REI scene but am looking for any way to learn and start investing. I am currently a 24 year old architect in NYC but I have decided I want to change course slightly and become a real estate professional in some capacity. My plan is to learn as much as I can about real estate finance and investing, and when I feel ready, become an investor. As of now though, I figured joining BiggerPockets would be a good start to my journey. My first question would be what books are best when just starting out? Also, I am thinking about going back to school to get an MBA with a focus in Real Estate Finance but am not sure if I should skip this step and dive straight into investing. I wanted to see what people thought of this decision, as I have no debt from my undergraduate schooling and am not sure if incurring many thousands of dollars in student loans would severely hamper or delay my dreams of investing. The big question is whether it's smarter to go learn in grad school or learn from books and as I travel on my investing journey. Any and all input is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Mark

Loading replies...