Votes
Princeton Washington
  • Anchorage, AK
Votes |
Newbie Investor in Alaska Longing to Flip Houses

Princeton Washington
  • Anchorage, AK
Posted Jul 6 2015, 22:01

Hey guys my name is Princeton! I'm a noob to investing in Real Estate!!

I currently reside in Anchorage, Alaska and I really want to break into the Real Estate market! I guess one of the main reasons I want to get into the business (other than money) is because I love houses! I know it's weird but I love design, I love the challenge of selling, I love renovation, I love the process of building, I mean I'm just crazy about the real estate business! I haven't done anything yet in the business cause I'm learning and observing but I realize now more then ever I need to build a network while I look for that right deal.

What I'd like to do is get into buying foreclosures, short sales, REO's, and distressed properties and flip them while I save up enough for a down payment for large multi-family i.e. 5-10 unit properties. I'd also like to flip as well as buy and hold in other markets seeing as I want to move out of Alaska within the next 6 months. I don't have any experience but I've read a few books and watched a ton of videos on the business. I've been following Bigger Pockets for a few months now and I realize this is the place for me. This is probably one of the most diverse communities of investors on the internet when it comes to REI and it's high time I get to know people who are doing the same thing I want to do. I've got bad credit which I'm also in the process of fixing and in debt so I kinda see this as the perfect vehicle to exercise my investor mindset muscles.

So a little about me... I'm a nerd, I'm really into anime, video games, manga (Otaku), reading books, I love listening to other people talk about money and investing. Other then that I like to cook (I'm a big foodie), I'm also into health and fitness (trying to lose weight), and ideally I'd like to travel abroad one of these days. I'm really looking to connect with people far and wide in addition to locally. I love learning new things and I'm pretty open minded when it comes to this business so any advice is welcome. Also feel free to connect with me and ask questions cause I got the app downloaded on my phone so I'll see you right away. Look forward to questions and meeting some cool people!

Loading replies...