Willie Jones
  • Bossier City, LA
Votes |
New member!! Excited future investor in the Shreveport / Bossier City area

Willie Jones
  • Bossier City, LA
Posted Jul 8 2015, 20:17

Hello BiggerPockets!

I have been snooping around the bigger pocket site for a few months now and finally decided to jump in and make some local and national conections. After much soul searching I finally mustered up the courage to get started in REI. I am a new member from Northern Indiana, living in the Bossier City/ Shreveport area. I am a active duty Air Force officer stationed at Barksdale Air Force Base looking to break into real estate investing.

I am here to learn as much as possible over the coming months as I save some starting capital. I am looking for advice, working relationships and encouragement from investors who share the same passion for real estate investing. I would love to find someone I can be a service to in return for learning the the ins and outs of finding and analyzing real estate deals. i can offer up my evenings and weekends for networking, learning and handyman opportunities.

My short term and long term goals are to build a real estate business/ company focusing on single family, multifamily and apartment rentals. (BUY, HOLD & SALE STRATEGY).. Initially acquiring 2-5 properties a year. Long term goal is to acquire 200+ units. I hope to maintain a comfortable lifestyle going forward with these investment and be able to fully retire at the age of 46.

If anyone has some recommended resources in the area (REIA meetings, groups, etc) I would love to hear them. I am looking to get my feet wet by the end of this calendar year, but want to do so with a much better understanding and education of REI than I currently have.

Look forward to learning, interacting, and eventually paying it forward.

Will Jones

Loading replies...