Skip to content
New Member Introductions

User Stats

Votes
Wardell Picquet
  • San Antonio, TX
Votes |
Hello from Newbie Investor in San Antonio, TX!

Wardell Picquet
  • San Antonio, TX
Posted Jul 29 2015, 14:50

Hello, everyone!

My name is Wardell Picquet. I am relatively new to the world of Real Estate Investing.I am still currently working a fulltime job as a Graphic Design Instructor at Sanford Brown College – San Antonio. I am also a Fine Artist and Illustrator.

My first awareness of this field was a Flip or Flop free seminar in February. I chose not to pay and walked out. My next experience a month later was a free Rich Dad seminar. This time I decided to invest in the 3-Day workshop. Prior to the workshop I devoured all of the instructional material and went online to discover the even larger Real Estate Investing universe. I attended several local REIA meetings and joined one. I originally came across Bigger Pockets then and signed up but have not posted until now.I declined the Rich Dad offer of a $40,000 training curriculum and chose instead to try my lot with my local REIA.

I am currently almost swimming in information from online forums and email posts and training videos. But its time to stop reviewing and get some things started! I am dangerously close to the Paralysis by Analysis syndrome.

I still have not gotten my LLC created but should within the week. I have made an alliance with a trustworthy Real Estate agent and even procured some tentative future financial investment.I have done "driving for dollars" and picked out several "farm areas" here in San Antonio and had numerous, vigorous comps done for me. I am still in the process of putting together a Power Team.

My original intentions were to stay with the "no money down" REI strategies but I now want to start with Fix and Flips while the San Antonio market is so hot and before our Market bubble bursts and before the national market begins its downswing.

I am open to any information from seasoned investors and particularly those here in San Antonio with similar interests.

Thank you!

Loading replies...