Steve Herzog
  • Minneapolis, MN
Votes |
New member from Minneapolis, MN

Steve Herzog
  • Minneapolis, MN
Posted Aug 2 2015, 10:21

Hello friends,

My name is Steve Herzog, I'm 31, and I live in Minneapolis.

A few years ago, I was in a perfect position to start investing for myself. I was single, debt-free, with plenty of time on my hands and just enough money to make my first purchase and grow from there. I picked up a three-bedroom house in a decent neighborhood in St. Paul. I planned to rent two of the bedrooms to cover the mortgage, do some renovation and save some more money over the next year until I was ready to move on to another property.

Meanwhile, I went back to school to get my teaching license because I hated my day job. And then I met a girl. And then we got married and had a baby.

Now I have the better job I was looking for, but taking on some student debt, adding my wife's previous debt to the equation, and having to find a better place to live put a serious dent in my investment plans.

The house is renting and breaking even while we rent elsewhere for a slightly lower price, and we're making just enough income to save a little and not dig ourselves a hole, but we're not on the path to much growth right now, and we have no borrowing power.

I'm looking to volunteer my time to help some established investors out and gain the real estate experience and skills I need to eventually land some profitable partnership deals despite my limited spending power.

Loading replies...