• Fort Worth, TX
Votes |
Newbie from Fort Worth, Texas

Codie Riggs
  • Investor
  • Fort Worth, TX
Posted Aug 2 2015, 14:25

Hello World!

I have been lurking on the forums for about a year really learning a lot and enjoying the interesting personalities. I upgraded to Pro a few weeks ago to explore the other forums and to be able to watch the webinar replays.

A bit about me: I am originally from a small Central Texas town of 2,800 people. I moved to Fort Worth over 14 years ago to attend college and have called it home ever since. I am married with 2 young kids and have been with the same company for 10 years in various roles but doing BI/Analytics (programming) for the past 5 years. I grew up interested in real estate as my parents built a large part of their wealth through rehabs and rentals which they eventually 1031'd to a small commercial property. I have read dozens of investing and real estate books over the years and even focused my electives in undergrad and my recently completed MBA to learn more about REI.

A bit about my REI plan(s)/goals: I have 1 rental property that I purchased 2 years ago; its located about an hour away that is manged by a PM. My brother and I also created an LLC last year to start flipping with the goal to build up additional capital; we completed our 1st one and sold it in May of this year. The flip was an MLS listing and a major project that we learned a great deal from. With the current market in DFW we decided to go back to drawing board and explore working with wholesalers or marketing our own off market deals. We have setup a couple of lunches to meet some locals and learn more in the past few weeks. Long term I hope to keep the partnership active and also acquire buy and hold properties personally for my family. I would love to connect with anyone locally that wants to talk real estate as it is most certainly my passion.

I am thankful for the wonderful resource that is BP, not just from the information shared, but the connections it creates for like-minded investors. 

Loading replies...