• Software Developer
  • Rockwall, TX
Votes |
Newbie from Rockwall Texas

Joel S.
  • Software Developer
  • Rockwall, TX
Posted Aug 27 2015, 18:34

Hi, my name is Joel Sanders.  I joined BP a few months ago but I just now got around to posting here.  I've been listening to the BP podcast during my commute to work and have made it though show 88.  I think in one of the podcasts they mentioned you should come introduce yourself (or did they mention it in all but one?  I forget.) so here I am.

Listening to all the great strategies that people are using in the podcasts makes me change how I think I want to invest on a weekly basis.  My general idea is to be a buy and hold investor and use some other strategy (like flipping) to generate the capital to buy the properties to hold.

I'm currently working on saving enough capital to have a 20% down payment + capital expenses so I can purchase my first property.  The BP podcast has really helped me save because instead of playing the drinking game when Josh Dorkin or Brandon Turner say "awesome" or "cool" I stick a dollar in my savings fund.  I almost have enough money to buy a private island now but I guess I'll go ahead and stick with the real estate investing idea.

From what I've hear BP seems to be a great community and I look forward to contributing.  Thanks!

Joel

Loading replies...