• Rental Property Investor
  • New York, NY
Votes |
Young, married couple looking to learn about rental properties

Kevin Hughes
  • Rental Property Investor
  • New York, NY
Posted Sep 1 2015, 16:05

I am an elementary school teacher in Chicago. My wife works for a large art museum. We are looking to learn about and purchase rental properties as a way to make money. For some people on BP, the end goal is to quit their jobs. I empathize with that and love the ambition, but that is not the end goal for my wife and I. My end goal vocationally is to become an elementary school principal and my wife's end goal vocationally is to be an art curator. We love our vocations. Unfortunately, we are not content with the amount of money we will make in these careers. Our end goal is to buy and hold rental properties across the country as a way to secure vocational freedom for my wife and I as well as to enrich our family's lifestyle. We are debt-free, budget-abiding, and looking to build up assets while we are young- specifically, cash-flowing rental properties. As of now, we are interested in buying in Chicago, IL, Lakeland, FL, and San Diego, CA.

Right now, our goal is to learn from BP people who are experienced in buying and holding rental properties. We would like to buy our first rental property at the earliest of June 2017. Our focus is more on doing it well, than doing it soon.

Looking forward to the journey ahead!

Loading replies...