• College Sation, TX
Votes |
New Investor in College Station, Texas

Max Jackson
  • College Sation, TX
Posted Sep 1 2015, 16:11

Intro

Howdy everybody! 

My name is Max Jackson, I'm a 3rd year Finance major in the Mays Business School here at Texas A&M - I recently began my journey into real estate investment alongside my two long time friends and business partners Colton and Austin. Having been involved in "general contracting" for the past year and a half becoming stagnant and not seeing much fruit from the business, real estate ended up being the next logical pivot point in my entrepreneurial career. Balancing school and the long hours it takes to build your own business (the latter half I'm confident you are all familiar with) has been a challenge, so I am taking a break from school over the next semester or two to focus on these endeavors!

Why?

Some of you might have read Colton Cook's forum intro a few days ago; like my colleague and friend Colton, the motivation behind my foray into real estate is not one of financial gain. To me, money is merely a tool I can use to provide for my [future] family, help my neighbors across the street or across the ocean, and do my best to shine just a little bit more light into this world. I feel that I have been given the talents and connections to be successful in business, but I do my best to lean on Christ rather than my own understanding here, Proverbs 3 style. 

How?

As a group we are focusing on building a reputation as a dependable wholesaler to an underserved and rapidly growing market. (Later on there are plans to execute buy/flip deals in addition to our wholesaling efforts, but that day is still to come.) As I type this we are working on building relationships with investors for our buyer's list and throughout the week we'll be executing our strategies to bring in our first round of deals from distressed or motivated sellers. We are, of course, always on the lookout for deals across many different channels, however our deal-seeking efforts this week are concentrated on reaching out to property owners found through county offices, title companies, and research done out of our truck windows! 

Finally

Thank you all so much for taking the time to read my introduction. The community here is astoundingly encouraging and constructive, and I can't wait to dig into the forums and speak with more of you. Also, anyone who's involved in REI in the Bryan/College Station area please feel free to drop us a line - we're competent, but still new to all of this, so we are always looking for knowledge and wisdom from those who have more than us!

All the best, 

Max

Loading replies...