BiggerPockets

newbie from Charlotte, NC

Forum Powered By:

16 posts by 7 users

To participate in forum discussions, create a free account or login.

Keith Yow

Real Estate Investor from Wilmington, North Carolina

Apr 20 '10, 10:52 AM

My name is Keith and I in the Charlotte NC area looking for connections, joint venture partners, education and more...
I have some what experienced the thrill of the ride and i am looking for that lost feeling. It has been a several years but i am coming out strong and I am hungry. I am looking to work for someone for free upfront as long as I get a very small fraction of the deal. I am looking for someone to refresh my memory a little but I dont need my hand held the whole time, so please do not be shy, reply and Thanks a bunch, GOD BLESS

Edited Jun 26 2010, 12:32

Ted Akers

Private Money Lender from Denver, Colorado

Apr 20 '10, 11:59 PM

Kieth,
Welcome to Bigger Pockets, and - great attitude!

Edited Jun 26 2010, 12:33

Keith Yow

Apr 24 '10, 12:03 PM

Thanks for the Welcome and am earger to start making some big waves, first stop is FUnding.
Keith

Edited Jun 26 2010, 12:36

Tyler McCracken

Real Estate Investor from Charlotte, North Carolina

Apr 25 '10, 04:50 AM

Welcome to a great site.... post questions and you'll recieve answers. I also suggest joining a local non-profit real estate investors association. google 'metrolinereia charlotte nc'

Edited Jun 26 2010, 12:36

Keith Yow

Apr 26 '10, 02:22 PM

Thanks Tyler for the reply and suggestion, I too think this is a great site and intend on making FULL use of it with making connections while implementing my plans.

Edited Jun 26 2010, 12:37

Bryan A. Donor

Apr 26 '10, 10:06 PM

welcome keith..sure do love charlotte this time of the year..what sort of real estate investing are you getting into?

Edited Jun 26 2010, 12:37

Bryan A., Carolinas Revitalization, LLC
E-Mail: [email protected]
Telephone: 704-905-6510
To see ongoing and upcoming projects, please like us on Facebook!

Keith Yow

Apr 27 '10, 04:22 AM

Bryan, I enjoy rehabing reo, pre-foreclosures and wholesale deals. I like to see my work mean something while being able to get my hands dirty and seeing something accomplished. I have done pre-foreclosures but until I get positioned to be able to do it again I probly want market to that area becasue I don't like telling someone I will buy their house and then scramble around for a end buyer or funds so right now its bird dogging and hdm solo or joint venture projects. What type of properties do you work with.

Edited Jun 26 2010, 12:38

Jackie Patterson

Real Estate Investor from Kalamazoo, Michigan

Apr 27 '10, 11:06 AM

Good Luck, Keith. There's lots of good information and help available here. "Birddogging" is a good way to get started.

Bryan A. Donor

Apr 27 '10, 10:37 PM

hey keith, i too enjoy geting my hands dirty and watching as a house is transformed froma piece of junk into a nice liveable home for somebody..i started off doing rentals, but lately, i've gotten into flipping since i do enjoy rehabbing---it just made sense as a logical progression...i plan to keep doing both..let me know if you come across something worth taking a look at--bryan

Tyler McCracken

May 03 '10, 11:52 AM

Keith - I'd be interested in talking when you've got a real estate deal. I'm primarily a buyer for my rental portfolio and hard money lender; however, for the right deal I am open to some type of joint venture too.

Edited Jun 26 2010, 12:42

Keith Yow

May 05 '10, 10:34 AM

Thanks Bryan and Tyler for the responeses, I am actively searching and frequently coming across deals but are just a little to close for compfort for me. I come across deals that are about 50cents on the dollar and usally the arv is around 70 percent. I think idealy the arv should be around 60% and that makes a good deal in an area that has pretty good recent sales. What does everyone else think the number to be idealy to make for a good deal?

Edited Jun 26 2010, 12:44

Bryan A. Donor

May 05 '10, 11:35 AM

what neighborhoods are you looking in, or seeing a rebounding in already?? i've had wholesalers email me tons of "deals" 50 cents on the dollar, that are really about market rate, they're just 1/2 of what they went for a few years ago---big difference. that being said, if you truly have those deals with recent comps, feel free to let me know

Keith Yow

May 05 '10, 02:02 PM

Bryan, in any way I did not mean to insult you by what I said,when I said idealy i was referring to the arv should be around 60% and this represents good deal in an area that has pretty good recent sales-the recent sales being an area that is moving better then others or has decent recent sales.. I took a look at an reo that had been sitting for about 4months just last month. asking was 70,000.. arv with current comps putting the house at 115,000 to 125,000 depending on how nice you made the house, now the market is full with reo's so figuretivly speaking you could get the house @ 50,000-55,000 with repairs @ 15,000...thats a deals in my eyes-that being said. My question was what everyone thinks a good deal consists of these days. I can send you the info on the house I found if you like or not...pm and we'll talk.

Jason Wheeler

Real Estate Investor from Pleasant Hill, California

May 05 '10, 03:03 PM

Good to have you here. What kind of strategy are you planning to focus on?

Bryan A. Donor

May 05 '10, 11:32 PM

keith, i wasn't offended.. more curious and hungry for deals. feel free to pm me so we can chat about deals as they come across. maybe we'll end up doing business. thanks.

Kevin P.

Real Estate Investor from Farmingdale, New York

May 06 '10, 12:54 AM

Kieth,
Welcome to Bigger Pockets Kieth. A lot to learn here.

Kevin

(Don't Want to See This? Log in or Create a Free BiggerPockets.com Account!)

Ubg-book

Get the Free eBook from BiggerPockets

Get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks, and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable Advice for Getting Started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more!

We hate spam just as much as you

To post a reply or start a new discussion, create a free account or login.

Manage Keyword Alerts

View All Forums