• New Orleans, LA
Votes |
Newbie in New Orleans

Scott Wennemann
  • Contractor
  • New Orleans, LA
Posted Aug 25 2012, 21:16

Greetings,

I am new to this site and real estate investing in general. I decided to take the leap into REI recently, having been in the construction business for 23 years. After reading a bit on this forum, I decided to join and upgrade to a ProBasic membership, as the $ seemed to make more sense than paying one of these tv guys ridiculous prices for information. I have been on the working side of a couple of dozen house rehabs as both a contractor and sub-contractor, and felt it was time to try my hand as the owner. Resources proved to be harder to come by than I anticipated as banks seem to be a little tighter these days on lending out $$. I would really rather jump into rehabbing houses, but it seems I will have to learn the business of wholesaling to generate funds for the other projects I wish to do. We have a unique situation here in New Orleans as there are thousands of houses still in disrepair from katrina, some not really worth fixing, but still quite a few that a nice profit could be made. I have a lot of reaidng to do in the near future, but am willing to put in the work, just excuse me if I ask a stupid question, as I am just a newbie.

Well I just wanted to introduce myself, and hope to spend a lot of time on this site, and gain some great knowledge from it.

Scott Wennemann

Loading replies...