• Homeowner
  • Germantown, TN
Votes |
Aspiring Real Estate Investor in Memphis - Introduction Thread

Monica Burt
  • Homeowner
  • Germantown, TN
Posted Oct 22 2012, 13:33

Hello biggerpockets.com community! My name is Monica and I am joining because I am interested in investing in real estate in Memphis, TN and the surrounding areas.

I have always had a passion for real estate but I decided to pursue a conventional path to provide for my family. I am a Sr Engineer in the medical device community now and recently acquired an Executive MBA from the University of Memphis. I am more eager than ever to finally follow my dream and enter the real estate investment and management arena. I currently manage one property that I own and am rehabbing a family owned property that will be on the market soon.

I have had much success in my professional career thus far and that is due in large part to a wonderful network of mentors and colleagues. My main agenda for now is to seek out relationships in Memphis and to learn more about the market here. I want to do my diligence to investigate and make sure I have what it takes to be successful in long term real estate investing. My family is rooted in Memphis and I am passionate about the success of Memphis. I have participated in many local events to work towards creating a better city. I invest my time and money in Memphis and hope to play a bigger part in Memphis' comeback. I know that my knowledge, experience managing large projects and budgets, and drive to succeed will enable me to be a positive contributor to the real estate investing community.

It appears that there are several REIAs in town and I am unsure of where to begin. I am considering just showing up for a few local events to see what is happening and hopefully meet new people that can help me get started. I would love to find someone willing to invest some time in me and help me get my real estate career started in Memphis. I am a leader in what I do now but I am a humble eager learner who is always striving to learn, know and do new things. I know every newbie is looking for a mentor but I hope I am willing to convince someone that I am worth their time!

That's all for now. I am looking forward to my real estate investing future and coming to know you all.

Monica

Loading replies...