Nathaniel Loeffler
  • Asheville, NC
Votes |
Newbie moving to Las Vegas

Nathaniel Loeffler
  • Asheville, NC
Posted Apr 16 2013, 06:42

Hi all,

My name is Todd, and I'm about to get started in real estate investing. I'm in the military (in Winnipeg, Canada) and moving to the Las Vegas area this summer. It will be nice to warm up a bit! Winters start around Halloween and the snow doesn't completely melt until May. Most winters, we get 2-4 weeks of -45 degree temperatures, so getting back to the desert again will be a really nice opportunity to thaw out.

I have a lot of goals in real estate, but primarily, I'm looking to provide quality housing, offer a phenomenal ROI for my investors, and increase my cashflow. I'm mostly interested in multi-family and commercial real estate, but because I have no experience, I'm open to other opportunities as well.

I hate the idea of being dependent upon taxpayers for my retirement so I'm looking to achieve financial independence so I don't have to retire with the military. I don't think it's right to ask taxpayers to fund my retirement. I joined the military after 9/11 because I wanted to serve my country, not to be supported by my countrymen.

I've spent the last year reading and studying everything I can get my hands on related to real estate investing and investing in paper assets. My skills are in leadership, willingness to get my hands dirty doin some work, and learning quickly. I lack experience, but we all have to start sometime, right?

I look forward to meeting you all!

Regards,
Todd

Loading replies...