• Brookline, MA
Votes |
Hi from Boston, MA

Justin F.
  • Multi-family Investor
  • Brookline, MA
Posted May 28 2013, 21:10

Hi All,

I just found biggerpockets a few days ago and figured I'd jump right in with an intro! I'm quite interested in real estate investing, and even though I think I know next to jack squat as a whole, my wife and I do own and rent out a condo in Boston and a multifamily in Newton, and are always looking for opportunities to invest around Boston (would love everyone's opinions on their experiences with Boston's rent to equity ratios vs. other cities that they also invest in) or in other US cities, or even in other countries! I've just started looking at areas in Atlanta (not sure why, and market seems overly hot there) since Boston rentals just aren't doing it for me right now...

Basically I'm looking for ways to expand my knowledge, and looking to learn from others and exchange experiences, and/or even learning about opportunities or partnerships should they arise!

Strategy: Buy & hold SFRs or Multifams for rent. Not focused on asset appreciation, focused on cashflow stability. Likely will not sell anything unless there is some major unforeseen circumstance that eliminates all my stock/retirement funds.

Goals: Have some fun, create additional 40-50k/year annual cashflow in next 5 years (I'm thinking this means damn close to outright owning another 3-4 apartments in the next 5 years).

I look forward to learning from everyone here, possibly even over a beer!

Justin

Loading replies...