• Investor
  • Seattle, WA
Votes |
Newbie from Seattle, Wa and First signed contract

Josh Norris
  • Investor
  • Seattle, WA
Posted Jul 8 2013, 09:13

Wanted to throw out an introduction after following the threads for the last month. My name is Josh and I live in the Seattle area. I've spent the last year reading books, listening to podcasts, and researching the Internet for everything motivating and real estate focused. I have a pretty long family history in real estate investing but am very self driven and am trying to get started on my own, I am taking some family advice but also trying to learn things as I go.
I have not started any marketing campaigns yet but I did get my first contract signed yesterday, so excited. It was just up the street from the house I own and I had driven by it 20 times always telling myself I need to research it. Well I finally did and it turned out the owner had died with no trust or will and his mother had taken it in probate. No mortgage owed, house is a serious dump inside and 10' sticker bushes outside. We negotiated for about 3 months and I finally go her to agree to 88k with comps for same size lot and house in area around 240k-260k ARV.
Now my question is where do I start looking for contractors and how do is find the best price for good quality work. I have the bigger pocket books and they are great help with estimation but where are people finding their contractors? Craigslist, online, referrals, etc....
One last thing this website is nothing short of amazing. Very intelligent and successful people everywhere and I thank you all. The podcast is great too and has taken the place of all my other podcasts and is pretty much the only real estate podcast I listen to.

Loading replies...