Skip to content
New Member Introductions

User Stats

Votes
Cuong Huynh
  • Frederick, MD
Votes |
Newbie Introduction from Frederick Maryland!

Cuong Huynh
  • Frederick, MD
Posted Jul 11 2013, 16:44

Hey BiggerPockets!

I'm doing my introduction and first post on here! My name's Cuong (pronounced like Kong) and I am very new to Real Estate as I've only spent the past couple months looking into it. However, I am very excited about it and hoping to continue to learn a whole lot!

I'm 24 years old and originally from Lancaster PA, but after graduating from Penn State two years ago with a bachelors in Electrical Engineering, I've been working as a power systems engineer in Frederick, Maryland since. I very much enjoy the work I do, but started to think about ways to gain financial independence and found Real Estate to be a good complement.

My current goal in Real Estate is to buy and hold enough properties to generate a passive income of $52k/yr or $1k/wk post tax. I'm sure my goal will change as time goes on, but I think this is a good starting point for what I have in mind for the future. I also hope to find a local mentor who i can help with his/her business and learn from the experience at the same time.

The first big thing on my to-do list is to find a multi-unit property close enough to Frederick, Maryland that I can be comfortable with the commute to work (I'm thinking 25 min max). I want to live in one unit and rent out the other(s).

I'm excited to be a part of the community and hoping to learn a lot and one day be able to give back a lot.

-Cuong

Loading replies...