• Rental Property Investor
  • Upstate, NY
Votes |
The interesting quote I have on my office wall

Pat L.
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Upstate, NY
Posted Oct 18 2014, 05:13

I young investor asked me about the 'meaning' of this quote & I was intrigued by his lack of understanding. I have attempted to drum it into my kids but it may be worth sharing with those close to you.

So here it is .... 

Interest never sleeps nor sickens nor dies; it never goes to the hospital; it works on Sundays and holidays; it never takes a vacation; it never visits nor travels; it takes no pleasure; it is never laid off work nor discharged from employment; it never works on reduced hours; it never has short crops nor droughts; it never pays taxes; it doesn’t need to buy food; or clothes; it is without the need for housing & so has no repairs, no replacements, no shingling, plumbing, painting, or whitewashing; it has neither wife, children, father, mother, nor kinfolk to watch over and care for; it has no expense of living; it has neither weddings nor births nor deaths; it has no love, no sympathy; it is as hard and soulless as a granite cliff.

Once in debt, interest is your companion every minute of the day and night; you cannot shun it or slip away from it; you cannot dismiss it; it yields neither to entreaties, demands, or orders; and whenever you get in its way or cross its course or fail to meet its demands, it crushes you.

Reuben J. Clark (1938)

Loading replies...