• Investor
  • Kansas , MO
Votes |
For real though, what is a mentor???

Israel Campos
  • Investor
  • Kansas , MO
Posted Apr 1 2015, 17:06

I met a guy at a meeting said this person who was speaking was a joke! What are they charging for them to mentor you? I think it was 1500 3 day class and 6month guide, guy "haha call me man I'll mentor you"  me " WOW REALLY GREAT!!! I make a visit two days later talk about stuff get a call from a potential seller,  agrees to contract "" mentor "" let's me use his contract I haven't made up my own yet, great! I meet seller, put on contract week later sign an assignment. days later get help from "" mentor "" to close a deal I decided right away this deal is 50% split no need to discuss he closed and said he has a buyer great 50% split. 

Few days later tell him I'm getting ready to close first deal then Comes the pile of bricks he expects 50% split on both deals, mind me we never discussed any financials he never said anything about a split or some sort of fee but he calls me and says he's getting half of all transactions....

Hold the F up, What!!!??? Hell no you ain't!! second deal sure split you helped get the contract you got the buyer but, first deal 50/50? I brought the deal, put it on contract and I brought the buyer and you want split!? I think NO!

He did go look at the house, he was in front of me when I got the call said hey tell seller this number, and I used his contract with my name on it. 

I do feel like he should get a cut not a split but a cut, his intentions where not clear as far as him charging because of his first approach he seemed like he was doing this for a lot less then the person speaking at the meeting even free,  he wants to mentor me and sign a contract for 10 deals split 50/50 or 6 months, 

I gave him 1250 for what he did and split the second deal.

I guess I just want someone's opinion on this. What do you guys think about this?

I probably won't do much business with this person in the future I am sure he is great and he did get a buyer real quick but that whole first part of meeting wasn't the clear as it should have been. I don't know what do you guys think am I thinking about this too much and over reacting or am I being fair and I should give him a shot? 

Let me know.

Thank you for your valuable time.

Loading replies...