Skip to content
Washington Real Estate Q&A Discussion Forum

User Stats

Votes
Kerry Smith
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Sanford, NC
Votes |
Moving to JBLM, Tacoma, Lakewood, Lacey, Olympia, Seattle Washington in August!

Kerry Smith
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Sanford, NC
Posted Jul 31 2015, 02:55

Hello everyone in Washington!

Big news -- We are being reassigned to JBLM next month! 

I am from the PNW originally, and love the Seattle/Tacoma area. It is absolutely beautiful up there! We're coming from Germany, and really looking forward to getting back to the PNW to enjoy all of the people and outdoor/coastal activities -- plus I am a lifelong Seahawks fan!

In regard to real estate -- We are looking to house hack a duplex, tri or quad in the vicinity of JBLM. My VA loan is tied up with other rentals in Colorado and North Carolina, so we will likely look to use an FHA 203k to rehab the property if needed.

Additionally, I think that once we get out there we will not want to leave the Seattle area. We've lived in the south for nearly all of my 20 year military career, and we are ready for a change in climate! I would like to knock out my agent's license and begin working in the area as a listings agent, and we plan to sell our out of state rentals and focus our efforts in the areas around JBLM.

Again, we can't wait to get out there -- meet all of you, and get started on a new chapter of our life.

See you soon!

Loading replies...