User Stats

Votes
J. Martin
Pro Member
#1 Real Estate Events & Meetups Contributor
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Oakland, CA
Votes |
5.5 Tips for Getting Great AirB&B Reviews. And getting guests to write them!! Your tips?

J. Martin
Pro Member
#1 Real Estate Events & Meetups Contributor
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Oakland, CA
Posted Oct 1 2014, 00:40

5.5 recommendations on getting a good AirB&B review, and getting them to actually leave it!

I'm new to AirB&B rentals, so someone please post better recommendations for me below!

1) Communication. Let them know what's going on. Send an email that they're confirmed. Respond quickly.

2) Directions, what to do, etc. I have a pre-compiled list of options & cost from each airport, (INCLUDE UBER! AirB&B folks like tech stuff ;), nearby restaurants & bars, local websites for awesome stuff to do, link to get around on public transportation, etc...

3) Make their stay awesome with easy stuff they appreciate! Give them something they'll appreciate that was not included in the listing (preferably inexpensive) e.g., a) a listA couple cold waters & beer in the refrigerator. I had one couple who thanked me profusely, left a great review, and didn't even drink the beer. But they appreciated it..

4) Little lifestyle stuff. Bluetooth alarm clock (for small rooms) or stereo to play their Pandora or personal music on. An iron & ironing board, since many are going to something nice when they travel. Provide bikes (to up value of room also..)

5) Follow up to get review if they loved it but didn't get to it! I have followed up with several emails, and even a couple texts to guests who never got around to leaving a review.. 14 days! If they still don't leave a review, emphasize how much you enjoyed providing a place they enjoyed, that you left a great review for them - but that AirB&B only posts it if they leave a review also - and the reviews will help THEM get a place somewhere else next time, as a guest.. I like to include lots of smiley faces :), have an awesome day :) etc, to not feel pestering, and try to seem more helpful.. (I'm newer w/ AirB&B and trying to build my reviews, so each one is important to me.. Helps up occupancy and price/night..)

5.5) Here's the language I used on my last one. One of 2 recent guests that had great feedback verbally, but only left review after a couple contacts.. (he asked about an ironing board last minute). Feel free to steal, or post a better one..

Hi *******(Name here),

I hope you enjoyed your stay in Oakland, and some of the extra things I added for the room like the refrigerator, and an iron & ironing board to help get ready.

I posted a good review for you as a guest on AirB&B, which will help you book places in the future, but it only posts once you also leave a review for me. So it helps us both out ????

If you could please take a minute to leave a review, I greatly appreciate it! ????

***Link here***

Thanks ****Guest Name****!

And have a great week ????

Best,

J Martin

What are you doing to get great reviews on your AirB&B unit(s)?

Loading replies...