Skip to content
Innovative Strategies
Account Closed
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Warner Robins, GA
Votes |
So I Assigned A Sub 2... Now The Buyer Has Messed Up!!!

Account Closed
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Warner Robins, GA
Posted Oct 24 2014, 06:11

Good morning Bigger Pocket Community. We need all of the help we can find to make this a win-win for everyone!!! Last year we came across a 3 bed/ 2 bath, all brick home, in an ok neighborhood, and the seller was about to let the bank take it back. The home is worth about $65k, the mortgage was just under $60k, with monthly payments of $555 (piti). We put it under contract as a sub 2... We always use attorneys, even for sub 2's.... And assigned it to a colleague of ours who was newly separated from his wife. Since we weren't going holding this one, we wanted to insure that the Seller was somewhat protected... So we employed the 'double warranty/ deed in lieu of,' strategy at time of closing -- that's when you have the buyer sign a deed from him back to the seller... The attorney keeps this deed on file and it is not filed at the county unless there is a case of default; it would avoid the original seller from having to foreclose. He paid the seller $2k and paid me $2k on a note, which is satisfied.

A few months ago, this colleague and his wife decided to work it out. So, he moved out of that house and rented the place out... I wish he would have contacted us first, as he obviously knows nothing about being a landlord. Now, the payments are 3 months behind and the original seller has contacted the attorney to file the deed. 

We have attempted to contact this colleague by phone, facebook, and even stopping by his residence... Still, nothing -- which means we have no lease agreement neither. We stopped by the home, which is now occupied by some unfavorable tenants -- from what we can see... Of course, they wouldn't answer the door. The attorney will be filing the deed here shortly... And we're wanting to gather as many suggestions as to how you would handle this situation from here... The seller is still motivated and the mortgage is 3 months behind (foreclosure territory), ~$2,200. The property looks like it may need cosmetics, from what I can see. The property should rent for $700-750/mo. What would you do? There's no idea too crazy... We're open to all suggestions... And A Win-Win Is A MUST! Thanks in advance.

Loading replies...