• Rental Property Investor
  • Scottsdale, AZ
Votes |
How Ben Leybovich saved me $15k

Serge S.
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Scottsdale, AZ
Posted Nov 17 2014, 11:08

Last week I had the privilege of scoping and underwriting a 200 unit apartment complex in AZ. Unfortunately, the deal was not one that we would pursue (another interesting story I will save for Ben) but while in town I was able to take Ben to my 56 unit complex. I was planning the new construction of an office as the complex was lacking a leasing space as it was originally built as individual condos. We had been using a 2 bedroom unit as the office. 

Well, after 5 minutes of criticizing my interior finishes and telling my resident manager that she is sorely underpaid, Ben came up with the suggestion that we wall off a room in the two bedroom and add an exterior door to make that the new office. This is a $500 remedy to my problem and achieves the goal of adding an office. We are now able to offer the wasted two bedroom as a furnished one bedroom corporate rental and the complex has an official office! 

Goes to show how sharing ideas with like minded investors can pay off big time. This was a seemingly simple solution that escaped me. A big thank you to @Ben Leybovich. Looking forward to the next Arizona visit.

Loading replies...