Skip to content
Innovative Strategies

User Stats

Votes
Maxwell Jacas
  • Renter
  • New York City, NY
Votes |
PLEASE DISPROVE MY STRATEGY!!!.... I need critiquing...

Maxwell Jacas
  • Renter
  • New York City, NY
Posted Jan 25 2015, 12:19

Goal: 

1. Retirement for my wife and myself by the end of 2020. (ie. $7000/monthly cash flow)

Plan: 

1. Purchase and Hold inexpensive duplex properties primarily in the florida area.

Breakdown: 

1. Year 1-
  2. savings and credit building for  20% down payment, Purchase 1st property in college town, rent out each room for students.

*starting close to home to get my bearings*

1. Year 2- 
  2. Save again for another down payment and refinance last property for an additional property, now giving me 3 properties in 2 years time. (all student rentals)
  3. Year 3- 
  4. Continue the same strategy from the previous years, this time Im purchasing single level duplexes in florida. At this point, Ive saved for another property and refinanced my 3 properties with the intention of purchasing 4 more properties in year 3, giving me a total of 7 properties.

Summation:

If I continue this pattern, I will have 31 properties in 5 years time. 

NOW, PUNCH HOLES IN MY STRATEGY!!!!

Assumptions:

-Property prices: >$80k

-Mortgages per property: $500/mo (max)

-Cashflow Goal: $1000/mo ($1500 rental income - mortgage) *not including reserves for maintenance and any other incidentals

-I will need to have 6 months of mortgage payments saved as well per property.

-Refinancing is done annually and for the appraised value of the property( only need downpayment)

-Refinancing can be done multiple times to the same property yearly. (at most 5 times)

-Refinancing wont be necessary once I have a steady cashflow which will make that aspect of the strategy moot.

Synopsis:

Im sure there is alot Im missing and not considering, this is why I need help.

I like to deal in absolutes, flat out numbers. Im not greedy or really into it for massive wealth, i just want to live the way I prefer. 

It is very ambitious and I have scenarios that are a little more conservative, but I live by the rule, "go big or go home."

I want to make $1000/month cashflow per property after all expenses. I sure there are ways to save money and tricks to do so, but Im here to reach my goal, and if someone is making a little more money from me and its on the up and up, i would be fine with it. I believe I need a great relationship with a bank/lender who sees my vision and no matter the interest rates and percentages, if they can provide the financial support, the end justifies the means.

Thank you in advance.

Max

Loading replies...