• San Diego, CA
Votes |
Seller Financing

Josh V.
  • Investor
  • San Diego, CA
Posted May 11 2015, 18:14

Hi! 

I have a question / would like some advice on how to proceed. Specifically with first negotiations numbers on a particular property I am interested in. What I need to come up with is an initial offer that the seller would like yet makes sense with the numbers of the property. What I really don't want to do is turn him off by my offer completey, however if it if the numbers just don't make since I'm cool with that too. After reading a lot on BP it seems like it comes down to full price offer with great terms for me or I offer him something lower after inspection and we talk term rates and length.  He isn't too keen on having a lengthy term I feel the 10 year mark that he hinted at is the longest he would go. So I'm trying to walk a line with keeping the property in the black and making him happy too. A 1150 monthly payment is the cut off for me with this property. 

In my mind I'm thinking the follow. Let me know how you would proceed. 

1. Short Term, full-price, 0% apr 

2. 15-20yr, 3-5k down, low % apr

3. 30 yr, 0 down, little bit higher % 

- Duplex 150k, occupied 1500.00 a month in rents 

- Seller doesn't not have a mortgage on property

- He's tired of being a land lord. 

- Is open to seller financing after I asked. Seller said he would obviously prefer all at once but do shoot me over an offer. 

Thank you so much for your help!

Josh

Loading replies...