• Investor
  • Saint Louis, MO
Votes |
Deceased, no heir.

Diane Johnson
  • Investor
  • Saint Louis, MO
Posted Aug 30 2015, 03:47

I found a property that the owner is actually deceased and have been for the last three years and no one knows. City records have him still living in the house. He has a son in the military and his son does not want anything to do with the house because he believes there is some other liens and all this other stuff on the house. I've done research on the property and I've gone to a title company who pulled up all of the information on the property. The only liens that are on the house are the city liens overgrown shrubbery and not taking care of the property along with three years back taxes. Here in St. Louis Missouri the city will take the house after three years of non-paid back taxes mind you the house is free and clear per title company. They have not done it yet and I want to acquire the property before pre-auction. I spoke with the son because I have researched and researched and found the son and he said he don't want anything to do with that property absolutely nothing at all in fact. I spoke with the grandparents and they said that his father didn't claim him growing up so he doesn't want to have anything to do with the property at all and let the city take it. I don’t see any notice of his death. There are currently $3150 in judgments against the owner, all in favor of the City Public Safety-Building Division. There is also a sewer lien for $1360 and at least $5000 in delinquent taxes. There are no mortgages on the property. The property is in a prime location in South City St. Louis. I will pay all of it to acquire this property. I need to know what I can do to make this happen. Title company said to Record an Affidavit of Death listing the son as the sole heir, but he doesn't want anything to do with it. He doesn't want to be affiliated with the property in name or anything else. I need to know what steps to take from here. Please help!!!

Loading replies...