• Contractor
  • victoria, bc
Votes |
anxioty when the money isnt yours...

Joshua Berube
  • Contractor
  • victoria, bc
Posted Oct 19 2014, 12:53

so I am going to put an offer down on a property on Tuesday, and it will be a creative one. and I am nervous as all hell. I am using money lent to me and while I truly believe it is a good property with great potential, if I screw it up.. well.... I'm nervous.

I realize that everyone here has had the same anxiety, and I am preaching to the largest choir there is, and while I'm not exactly looking for a pat on the head and a 'you can do it' I really feel I need to get this out. but I have on one in my life that is the least bit sympatric and they all figure I should be committed for taking this risk. not exactly motivational...   

I know that the worst thing that could happen is that the seller says no. but that isnt what I'm worried about. I'm worried he will say yes.

If the seller accepts, it will be my first deal. and there will be a lot riding on me. there is something in me (no idea if its my head or my heart) that is telling me that I can do this and that it is just another challenge to over come.

I keep telling myself not to look at the whole picture at once because i will get overwhelmed.  i have to think in steps, because if step one falls through, then there is no point of worrying about step two. but then I start to think that if i dont worry about step two, then the success in the first step might turn into a failure.

I know I can do what i am setting out to do. there is a nagging thought though, a persistent little bastard, that keeps repeating "if you screw this up, no one will trust you again" its a jerk thought, i know. but its there. its the unknown, i guess,

any way, this may seem a little boohooish, and i apologize for that ( being Canadian, we apologize for almost everything) but like i said, i need to vent.

Enjoy your day! Long Live Bigger Pockets!! 

Loading replies...