• Real Estate Agent
  • Weatherford, TX
Votes |
BEST CALL EVER!!! (Sarcasm)

Shane Woods
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Weatherford, TX
Posted Feb 24 2015, 17:46

One of the things people say is a "con" of dealing with direct mail calls, is when they don't like your mail.  Or when they don't like your "lowball" offer when they won't give you an asking price.  Well ladies and gentlemen, this phone work stuff is NOT for the faint of heart, thin skined, or easily offended.  

I just had the best call EVER!!!!   And it was on speaker for my wife to hear.

A little background: 

Older lady called yesterday after receiving several letters.  She was actually pretty nice the first time we talked.  Said she had received several letters, and wanted to know what we'd offer her for her place.  I told her we would work up an offer, and asked what she'd sell it for.  She threw out $350K, which is well beyond brand new house retail, and absurd, so I ignored.  We did the math today and came up with a max offer of $150K or so, with a starting offer at $125K in case we wanted to wholesale the property.  So Fast forward to tonight...we have our numbers, I call her back...I ask her again what she'd like to get for the property...

She wants $350K for the place.  Still.  I almost said we're too far apart and hung up, but a friend of mine @Danny Johnson says "Always Make The Offer" , so I did...

My $125K initial offer led her to an expletive laden rant, explaining that she'd rather burn the m'effer down than give the m'effer away. Then she repeated herself several times and ranted some more about people wanting m'effers in all these neighborhoods to give their GD property away, and how they (we) don't give an f about anybody or anything, and asked me if I'm white or Mexican or (insert slur for Mexican from Mexico) or whatever the f. 

:) Good times! 

I let her go on a little while then when she took a breath, I politely (no...really, I was polite) told her have a nice evening.  And she politely (no...really, she was polite) told me to do the same, and then finished it off by calling me an m'effer after the politeness. 

I'm glad I'm thick skinned when it comes to callers. :)

Now y'all go on and have a nice evening!

Loading replies...