Votes
Joshua Deering
  • New Albany/Louisville, Indiana/Kentucky
Votes |
Help me think-A Beautiful (AND Creative) Mind is our Work

Joshua Deering
  • New Albany/Louisville, Indiana/Kentucky
Posted Aug 31 2015, 09:40

Around the world, soccer is known as the beautiful game. In the 2014 NBA finals, the San Antonio Spurs, in vanquishing the Miami Heat, executed what I thought was some of the most beautiful offensive, team basketball in the past decade. Both of these examples are built on working with a team and extreme creativity within a set of parameters.

I am new to really diving into real estate investing, but the more I study and I glean information from the likes of people on BP, I realize that REI is not a one size fits all. It is not, you must follow this one path. I get enough of that stuff at my day job and it simply KILLS my creativity and motivation. I have found with REI that I can open my mind and solve puzzles and I must think outside of the box (especially when you really have zero of your own money available to invest!). From Indiana to New York to California to Kansas and Louisiana and back again. There are two common themes. 1) You MUST find a deal. "If you can't sell your deal, then you don't have a deal," as @Shawn Holsapple said in BP Podcast 136 (and many others on this sight have echoed). And 2) You must think creatively.  REI truly is the beautiful "occupation!"

Please, take a moment and share with BP your most creative deal. Maybe share how you had to get really creative just to start in REI, or get around a specific obstacle to truly make things happen instead of letting life pass you by.

Loading replies...