• Rental Property Investor
  • Jupiter, FL
Votes |
Finding a experienced wholesaler?

Matt C.
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Jupiter, FL
Posted Oct 1 2013, 12:16

I am newbie. Based on my research here, flipping a house seems like a good place to start. I am not looking to hit a home run, just really want to "do a deal". I need to get that monkey off my back. My market, DFW, seems to be a seller's market at the moment, making a good deal hard to find. Of course, I don't have much experience finding good deals. My thought is: I don't need to find a good deal. I need to find a good wholesaler. Presumably, their skill set is finding the good deal. I feel like I have enough cash and credit to make a typical deal happen. I know many people use wholesaling as an entry point into investing. I am sure I could get on their buyer's list. My fear, however, is a newbie flipper combining with a newbie wholesaler could create an expensive disaster for all involved. So, I am about to start looking for a experienced and successful wholesaler. I hope to build a trusting relationship with them. So, when they tell me they have a good deal, it is actually a good deal. I would, of course, perform my own due diligence. Also, I want to learn how to be a good buyer, someone you call first with a future good deal. A wholesaler like that probably doesn't need anymore buyers but it's worth a shot. To the people that buy from wholesalers: how would go about finding a good wholesaler? What are the traits of a successful wholesaler?

Disclaimer: not meaning to solicit wholesalers with this post. I understand this is not the correct forum that. Only seeking guidance.

Loading replies...