• Pensacola, FL
Votes |
Lowe's Kitchen Installation Services

Tyler Flagg
  • Investor
  • Pensacola, FL
Posted Apr 12 2014, 13:10

Hey BP Folks!

My name is Tyler and I am pretty new to the real estate investing game. I just recently purchased my first investment property and plan on doing a kitchen renovation before bringing renters in. The problem is that I'm currently deployed, which naturally makes coordinating with contractors a bit more difficult. I have a property management company, but I don't want to entrust too many of the details to them until I'm a little more comfortable with the process of rehabbing. I just watched the following video about Lowe's Kitchen Installation Services.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozpTWPKBJeU

From the looks of it, they're pretty much a one-stop shop for kitchen remodeling. They provide the following services...

1) Send someone to take measurements of the room

2) Create a 3D layout of the kitchen based on your criteria and vision

3) Create a budget for your review and approval

4) Order the cabinets, countertops, and appliances and anything else you need

5) Install everything using their own vetted installation experts

The house is a low-mid range property in Oklahoma City, so I plan on using framed semi-stock MDF cabinets with a wood veneer and formica or laminate counter tops.

As far as I can tell, the biggest downfall is that they say it could take a few weeks to a month to complete the process. However, it appears that I could do everything from afar, and I would still be able to approve of everything as we go along. I feel like that would give me a lot more piece of mind.

I would love to know if anyone else on BP has ever utilized Lowe's for a full service kitchen installation. If so, do you have any advice before I proceed?

Thanks in advance for the help!

Sincerely,

Tyler

Loading replies...