Skip to content
Rehabbing & House Flipping

User Stats

Votes
Jay Whitfield
  • montgomery, AL
Votes |
20 years in the real estate business, what motivates you to do real estate?

Jay Whitfield
  • montgomery, AL
Posted Oct 1 2014, 06:17

20 years in the business, I met some good and bad people in the real estate circle. Shady contractors, loan officers and 5 people I personally know, have gone to prison for running ponzi schemes. The money is great at times and some people will do anything just to make a buck. I been approached on occasions to get involved in business propositions that look great on the surface, but just didn't sit right for me after doing the my due diligence. For me, I enjoy the business of real estate. Passion is my motivating factor, because I enjoy what I do. A lot of people watch all the reality shows dealing with real estate and say, I can do that. In this business you have to have all the right pieces and a business model. A house looks good from a photo,but what inside the walls,the foundation,pluming,the area and marketability. The out of state investing, can work for some and go bad for many. I wouldn't buy a home outside of 8 hours of driving from my house. I enjoy all of the helpful people on this site, wish I had a forum like this 20 years ago. To all. be thankful to the BP people who take time to respond to all of your questions. Good luck to all and keep up the good work.

Jay