Michael Marcoux
  • Frederick, MD
Votes |
Listing pictures + staging

Michael Marcoux
  • Frederick, MD
Posted Oct 19 2014, 22:26

Hey all,

just finished my first flip and we have it listed now! (http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/3961-School-St-T...) You should have seen what a disaster it was when we started...anyways. We've gotten conflicting advice from our investors, realtor, and wholesaler, so I wanted to take the issue to you guys. Mainly: how important are crisp, sharp photos and/or staging to the selling process? The investors think we should pull the listing until nice hi-res photos are taken after the staging. But we only have until November 30th to get the house sold or refinance to pay the investors back so...I'm not sure if the existing photos will scare away buyers or not. 

As to staging...at the brokers open house, 3 out of 5 brokers said the house looked good enough to not even bother staging, whereas the wholesaler said that staging is an absolute MUST to get people envisioning themselves living in the house. Any advice on that?...

I can actually already hear some people saying "what on EARTH is with that hardwood floor?," don't worry, we're getting that fixed. 

Also- the wholesaler advised us to drop the price every week we don't have at least 2 showings of the house. Does that sound like good advice to you all?

Loading replies...