Skip to content
Rehabbing & House Flipping

User Stats

Votes
John Ellis
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Mentor, OH
Votes |
Starting a Great "Turnkey" company...How?

John Ellis
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Mentor, OH
Posted Nov 30 2014, 20:00

I know this post is long but if you ever thought of investing or have invested with a turnkey company could you help me?

Over the past 8 years I have worked hard to establish myself as both a investor friendly contractor and a real estate investor who specializes in flips 200,000 and under. I have worked in many different types of flipping/contracting including JV, Partners, Investors. I have had the pleasure of being apart of about 30 flips mostly, about 20 in the last 2 years. As I stated in previous posts I am going full time into real estate investing to work on my business. This past year has really opened my eyes to the lack of good turnkey companies in Northeast Ohio. I have redone/fixed 4 properties this year that turnkey companies sold to out of state investors. The standards, craftsmanship and overall product was disgusting, sad and unethical. I am tired of seeing "turnkey" companies hurt Northeast Ohio. I see short term practicing in a long term game and I want to change that.

In the next year I am focusing on 2 things: Retail Fix and Flips and developing a Turnkey company. I have read a ton of posts on bp on turnkey companies and understand the importance of following the rule as it seems not only the product of the home is important but also property management (which in the state of ohio must be done under a broker). 

There is a lot to learn in managing a turnkey but I am more worried about what individuals/investors expect, demand and want in a turnkey company. From that I am going to focus developing my turnkey business on those. I would love to hear suggestions, ideas, wants, needs. I will do my business out of Northeast Ohio in both suburbs and Cleveland. Basically A-D neighborhoods. 

Basically the question could read: What would be the perfect turnkey company? What would they do that others don't? Expectations, ROI, Price, Neighborhoods, etc.

Loading replies...