• Henderson, NV
Votes |
Flipping General Contractor Estimate

Tiffany C.
  • Investor
  • Henderson, NV
Posted Dec 26 2014, 17:35

Hello,

I am a new member to Bigger Pockets and have already learned a great deal from the forums and podcasts.  I'm truly grateful for the information.  

I am also a new investor in flipping in the Las Vegas/Henderson, NV area.  Currently I have a property under contract  - the house was built in 1989, 2000 sq. ft, 3 bed, 2 bath, in good condition but needs a lot of updating/upgrading to bring it into the 21st century.  So far I received quotes from two local general contractors.  Below are the details of the quote from one of them (#1-16).  

As a new "flipper", I'm not 100% sure if the GC is over-quoting me.  I welcome any comments and/or recommendations you have.  It's scary the first time but I'm excited and nervous at the same time.  Any help you can offer is greatly appreciated!!!

Thank you in advance,

Tiffany

1. $850 Landscaping = There are weeds between rocks so we will have to remove rocks to get get to them. Clean out the front planting bed by the front window, remove weeds and put in 3-4 new plants. Add dirt, wood chips, hide irrigation system. Trim the small palm tree in front. Remove the big tree in the middle of the back yard to open up the area, trim all trees in the back yard. Remove trash.

2. $3000 Removing popcorn ceiling = this may take about 7 days, cover up all the floor, remove all ceiling fixtures, wet ceiling let soak, scrap off, clean up, let dry completely 2-3 days, add new texture, paint.

3. $3000 Paint the house 2 tones, paint front door white

4. $4000 Master bathroom = removing old sink, counter, and fixtures. Install granite, new sinks and faucets, install new lights, clean up mirror, paint cabinet white. Install new tiles for shower and bath tub, cut out the wall to make room for a door going to shower and toilet. Please note adding a door for toilet alone make the space claustrophobic and will require adding more lights and fans, therefore, I think a door to shower and toilet is better.

5. $450 = Master bedroom = install new ceiling fan, upgrade entry doors.

5. $3500 Kitchen = removing old counter and install granite counter and full back splash. The back splash will go up all the way to the cabinet and also extend into the window area, paint bottom cabinets white, install new hinges, knobs and handle, remove old excess wiring, remove the ceiling fan and install track lighting, install can lighting over the kitchen sink. add new kitchen sink and pull out faucet.

6. $1200 Downstairs bath = install granite counter, new sink and faucet. Install new toilet seat, new bathroom door. Please add $300-500 for new shower door depending on styles.

7. $ $500 Downstairs bath = install new tile flooring

8. $ $300 Bedroom 1 = replace missing closet doors, upgrade entry door and knobs

9. $150 Bedroom 2 = upgrade entry door and knobs

10. $ $800 fireplace = upgrade the fireplace area, removing and installing new tiles

11.$500 = replacing lighting = front door, ceiling, stair way, hall way

12. $750 = Office room = fix the bend on the wood walls, install dry wall, texture and paint. Run wire, add new light and fan switches

13. $450 Laundry room = install new upper longer cabinets, install utility sink

14. $700 = garage = correct wiring to code, relocate lighting, add vents to water heater room, add light switches, install self closing door per code required, remove old carpet, pressure wash.

15. $850 Garage door = replace, install new garage door, = current garage door has cracks.

16. $400 = change entry area tiles

Total = $21,400

Please note this is only a rough. There are, of curse, areas we can skip/ not needed. Some cost may change depending of the materials you choose. About 40-50% is material and 50% is labor.

Loading replies...