• Investor
  • Huntsville, al
Votes |
Newbie Can't sell Flip!

Belinda R.
  • Investor
  • Huntsville, al
Posted Jan 6 2015, 14:56

BL: Purchased HUD property Dec 2013 for $32k, rehab costs and expenses were$34k. thats 66k cash of my own money in the deal. The good thing is that I dont have any holding costs other than utilities and property taxes, but $66k is still alot of money for me. Listed property for sale at $94k and have reduced price $85k since its been on the market since March 2014. All the feedback was great but no offers. Received a cash offer for $65k last week so I asked for proof of funds. I figured, I'd take the loss and take it as a lessons learned. Last night got a phone call from the realtor telling me the buyer has $50k cash and wants the seller to carry back $15k....NO DEAL!

Very frustrated here. Lessons learned from this disaster is to never over rehab. Never buy a house on a busy street. Never buy a house without a garage. My strategy was to appeal to first time homebuyers and make it a "wow" house to distract it from being on a busy street. WRONG!!!...LOL!  

Current Exit Strategy: Do a cash out refinance. Pull out equity and do a lease option agreement. I don't want to be a landlord but its looking as if my options are slim.

Any other suggestions? Exhausted!

Loading replies...