Skip to content
Rehabbing & House Flipping

User Stats

Votes
Arthur Zaragoza
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Hamilton, Ontario
Votes |
Where are the best markets to invest in SFR in the US using the buy, fix, refinance and rent strategy for 2015?

Arthur Zaragoza
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Hamilton, Ontario
Posted Feb 23 2015, 19:33

Hello BP nation. First I would like to thank everyone here for being so awesome! : )

I am new to this site and a new dad of a beautiful baby girl living in Toronto, Canada. I am a musician at heart and a real estate investor/realtor looking for a way to provide for my family, loved ones and to save for retirement.

I current hold and self-manage a small portfolio here in Toronto. My mortgages are both up for April and I am looking to do an equity take out to reinvest in the US.

My 2015 goal is to improve my cash flow by doing the buy, fix, refinance and rent strategy and keep repeating the process until I have 10-15 rented properties in my portfolio.

I am looking for SFR from $50-100k (fixer uppers, REO, Tax liens etc) that I can ad value trough renovation that could also be converted into duplexes that rent for around $1,000/month or more. It must be situated on C+ and B areas near public transit with easy access to downtown, universities, hospitals etc. I desire cities that are starting to boom with jobs and population growths that are also landlord friendly.

Any recommendations would be much appreciated. I am open to JV with other inventors, network with property managers, mortgage brokers, realtors, house inspectors, general contractors, lawyers etc.

Many thanks in advance for your time.

Arthur

Loading replies...