Skip to content
Rehabbing & House Flipping
Account Closed
  • Homeowner
  • Signal Hill, CA
Votes |
Does anyone actually use day laborers from Home Depot parking lots?

Account Closed
  • Homeowner
  • Signal Hill, CA
Posted Feb 26 2015, 13:31

oddly enuf, i never seen them at Lowes, but at local Home Depots they have a whole area in each parking lot set up for them, with porta potties, chairs, tables, refreshments at all.

so who uses them? i'd be to scared too because of the liability if/when they become injured working on an investor's property! 

a couple times i've seen people handing out legal biz cards to them. 

this one time i saw a laborer selling oranges car-to-car in the HD parking lot, so when i had to come back for something half hour later, i brought a big bag of oranges i just picked from my trees and gave it to him. we started talking and the guy handing out cards was there again so i asked him and he showed me the card and said it was PRO BONO and contingency lawyers reps trying to find people who ever been injured while working and that they sue owners for big $$$ whenever they find a client who got hurt and willing to sue  that scared me even more!  not that injured laborers are not entitled to compensation for their injuries, as they likely are, but, that's just not a liability i'd ever take. ditto for handymen, renters, etc anyone i invite onto my property, they must have their own insurance!

Loading replies...