Trevor Sambrano
  • Fort Worth, TX
Votes |
Finding and Working with Wholesalers as a Flipper

Trevor Sambrano
  • Fort Worth, TX
Posted Mar 20 2015, 14:00

Hi all,

My partner and I have been scouring the internet looking for any available deals in our area in Fort Worth Texas as a fix-n-flip. Unfortunately, we do not have access to the MLS as we just formed our LLC and are are newby's to the business. My partners wife is working on her Realtor's License, so MLS will arrive shortly! However, in the mean time we are working hard to find deals but are not having much success off of the widely used real estate websites. We are currently networking with Realtors, and driving for dollars, however I think it is time we reach out to some Wholesales in our area to assist in bringing us some deals.

Now comes the questions:

How would you suggest we find, screen, and build relations with a (or many) Wholesalers? What advice do you have in working with Wholesalers overall? How would you explain the negotiation process is with a Wholesaler (I know they typically are charging a "finders" type fee, but is their initial price usually negotiable or will they get offended and cut ties with us?)

These are just a few questions, but feel free to provide any and all advice you are willing to help me get started in working with Wholesalers as a flipper.

Also, I came across a "Wholesaling" type website specific to the DFW area in Texas (dfwinvestors(dot)net). I am not sure what to think about it, I'm sure the numbers are not entirely correct, but my own due diligence can make them more accurate; but a good website for deals???

Lastly if there are any Wholesalers in the Fort Worth Texas area that would be willing to reach out to me and learn more about my company goals feel free to send me a PM.

Thanks!

Loading replies...