• Real Estate Broker
  • Ocean View, NJ
Votes |
First flip

Benjamin Haberman
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Ocean View, NJ
Posted Jun 30 2015, 20:21

Closed on house yesterday. Single family-4 bed , 2 bath.

Paid $127

Rehab budgeted- $30 k

List price- $249,950

Day one- Ripped up all carpet, tack board,  base board, kitchen laminant/cabinets out. Sub floors have areas that are saturated from cat urine. I literally lost my appetite tonight. Walking the carpet out to the dumpster was TOUGH. In areas that are bad im just going to rip up sub floor. I really dont get how any product can change the smell of a saturated piece of plywood. Seems to be a gimmick to me. 

Couple questions for renovation:

Windows are older but work. Need to be painted on outside. Would we be better off going new windows? Are new windows necessary/a good idea?

Anyone have recommendations on window trim? For base board I want to do 5 and a 1/4. I like the bigger look, and think it makes the house look great.

Refrigerator- My partner mentioned we should get all new appliances except for the fridge because we wont see that money back. Has anyone ever experienced with that? I was thinking the stainless steel appliance package adds to the first impression.

Irrigation for lawn- Just curious to see if anyone think a system is worth installing for the flip/

Thinking of doing "wood" tile on floors all throughout first floor living area, kitchen, living room and hallway''

Thanks

Ben 

Loading replies...