The Home Depot- PRO TIPS From a PASA

Derek Patch
  • Investor
  • Farmington, NH
Posted Jul 9 2015, 16:27

Who am i?

Derek P.

What do i do?

I am currently employed with the HD as a PASA, A PASA is a Pro Account Sales Associate. 

What do i know? 

Everything any real estate investor of any type should know.

What will you learn here?

I will teach you everything i know, and everything i learn on a week to week basis.

Confused? 

I will label each bullet point as a "PRO TIP #X" If you have a question or statement please start out with "PRO TIP X" So we are on the same page from the start.

Lets get started.

PRO TIP #1- Their are NO Such thing as an all the time discount, Their are many claims of people getting X% off all purchases. Home Depot does not give you a discount just for buying with home depot. HOWEVER

PRO TIP #2- The Home Depot does offer a competitor match 5% mover coupon to compete with lowes if you provide your lowes card.

PRO TIP #3- They also offer a military 10% However the 10% Should not be applied to business purchases as it is aimed toward retired military do it yourself customers.

PRO TIP #4- PRO XTRA, This is a program to to track purchases, Get electronic receipts/customer agreements, pro extra reloadable card and also a chance at pro extra paint rewards.

PRO TIP #5- Pro xtra paint rewards. Simple, If you spend x dollars in paint you get 10% off, So X= 10 % off, y=15% off, and z= 20% off

PRO TIP#6- It is possible for you to get your paint discount escalated but if you buy a can of spray paint a year don't expect to get approved, The most you can do is ask to get escalated and if you do fancy, if not no harm no foul.

PRO TIP #7- When you sign up for pro xtra go to home depot.com/proloyalty and sign into your account, when you do it will ask you to register a card. I would highly suggest doing this, When you register a card you will no longer have to enter a phone number into the system when checking out, you use the registered card and it will automatically do it. Their are three levels, Register a card, Phone sale, And text 2 confirm. I suggest text 2 confirm, This is the MOST beneficial, secure, time saving feature of pro xtra. If you want to send in a runner or contractor to buy anything, we just ring it up, send you a text with the name of the runner and the amount, and you reply yes or no. Simple, easy, Amazing.

PRO TIP #8- PRO XTRA is for everyone, consumer, investor, from dabbler to multi billion dollar contractor, Sign up, TODAY.

PRO TIP #9- Another feature of pro xtra is access to VPP, volume pricing program. Any order over 2500$ can be submitted for a possible discount. The discount depends on the Initial mark up. The higher the mark up, the more the discount.

PRO TIP #10- Another thing to look for is PRO SAVINGS OF THE WEEK under home depot.com click on the pro site on the left hand side, we always have a special online for the week.

PRO TIP #11- Eagleview, Real simple, A satellite measures your roof. 

PRO TIP #12-  Pro direct programs, Home depot offers a number of pro direct programs for a number of things, My favorite is light bulbs. Did you know if buy light bulbs by the case, you can pay in most cases, less than half of the retail price on the shelf? 

PRO TIP # 13- Home Depot has tons of pro direct programs, Which i will list at a later date, still compiling the list that are most beneficial for us.

PRO TIP #14- YOW "Your other warehouse" I can get virtually anything on the shelf, and some things that aren't straight from the vendor to you, So if your sick of paying retail prices, don't play with rookies.

PRO TIP #15- Financing, CRC- Commercial revolving charge- Traditional business card with options to pay over time

PRO TIP #16- Commercial card (PROX) A commercial card where full balance is due at the end of each month.

PRO TIP #17- Project loan- Great program maybe to finance a rehab, Straight forward loan 84 monthly payments, credit lines up to 40k.

PRO TIP #18- There is no secret to getting approved to any, but if you do not get instantly approved then call the number the associate gives you and follow up, most the time it is something small and can be fixed right on the phone.

This is all i can think of right at the moment, but their is definitely more I'm going to cover in coming weeks.

So just a few things i want to cover before we are done. Im just a pro account associate, please do not use my word as law. If you did not know about any one thing on this list, which a lot of people don't, Do not blame anyone for it, just be thankful you know now. Another thing is a little kindness goes a long way, understand at the end of the day it is our workplace you're coming into and everyone wants something for nothing. You're running a business, and so are we. So lets collaborate to get the job done. 

Being PRO- ACTIVE, is key. I can not stress this enough. If you are going to wait until the day before a project to get everything you need, You're paying shelf price, Thats it. 

Something else i want to cover is, If i have thought you something here, and you feel comfortable with me and want to build a relationship to work together message me and i will give you my work email so i can help you with your projects, I'm in a lower volume store so i get bored easy, Its probably why i know more than 90% of our associates. I can get you what you need even being 40 states away. IF you are already working with your Local PASA- GREAT, Don't let me get in the way of that relationship. But make sure you are going to have someone that will take care of you the best way possible without having to question it overtime. 

The last thing i want to say is, Thank you for reading. I hope I've helped and my challenge to you is to come up with the questions i can't answer, To critique me, and just openly discuss what i have said here. This information is Accurate and their is so much confusion out there i hope this has helped.

Loading replies...