Skip to content
Rehabbing & House Flipping

User Stats

Votes
Alex A
  • Real Estate Investor
  • houston, TX
Votes |
HELP!! Can't sell my beautiful flip because of house next door.

Alex A
  • Real Estate Investor
  • houston, TX
Posted Nov 23 2011, 00:32

Hello every body! I have been reading this forum for few months, gotten some great advice from people and like to introduce my self My name is Alex Ali, I am a RE investor in Houston Texas. I have been investing in REO properties for last few years. I bought this house few months ago, did not notice any thing unusual since only looked at property few times before buying. Come to find out the next door neighbor having some kind of school/social group for handicap people meeting every day next door to my house. There are mini van coming in and dropping people off and picking people up all the time, learned more about this when we started the rehab. After listing had many showing but all the response we get from showing realtor was that their client prefer to not live next to a that kind of property. There are definilty people living there as well and then many people coming in and out everyday in mini vans...some sort of school for mental handicaps is what I am told from another neighbor. I have put in too much money in this property to be stuck like this, talked to HOA today, she told me not much they can do since they cannot observe that in their monthly inspection. All they can do is send a letter and if I complain again they can send one more letter and then I have to take it up with the board. Not sure what to do....need some help!!

Loading replies...