BiggerPockets

Starting a RE Investing Group

Forum Powered By:

2 posts by 2 users

To participate in forum discussions, create a free account or login.

Luiz Souza

Wholesaler from Gainesville, Georgia

Dec 21 '12, 10:10 AM

What's the best way to organize/start a monthly RE investing group??

Any ideas/thoughts?

Thank you

L.S

J Scott Moderator Donor

Real Estate Investor from Ellicott City, Maryland

Dec 21 '12, 10:35 AM
1 vote

Hi Luiz,

A lot of people -- when putting together this type of group -- will look for other investors in a similar position to them (location, experience, goals, etc). Personally, I like to do the opposite -- I prefer to find investors who are doing *different* stuff than I am and who have different experience levels (preferably more experience).

Instead of reaffirming all the stuff I already know, this allows me to get new and different perspective on other types of investing. While I may not be interested in those other types of investing strategies, it will give me new things to think about and ultimately, all investing knowledge will help me improve my business, even if it's not directly related.

Plus, investors experienced in other areas will have a perspective different than mine, which is always a good thing. And lastly, going this route, you don't need to worry about those in your group competing with you.

In terms of how to find these people, BP is a great resource, local REIAs are a good resource, and just general networking with other investors in your area.

Just make sure everyone in the group has something to contribute -- while it may be good for brand new investors to mastermind with experienced investors, it's not particularly useful for the experienced investors...so keep your standards high for your mastermind groups and try to stick with an experienced core group of folks.

Medium_lishproplogoJ Scott, Lish Properties, LLC
E-Mail: [email protected]
CHECK OUT MY BIGGERPOCKETS BOOKS: http://www.biggerpockets.com/flippingbook

(Don't Want to See This? Log in or Create a Free BiggerPockets.com Account!)

Ubg-book

Get the Free eBook from BiggerPockets

Get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks, and techniques delivered straight to your inbox weekly!

• Actionable Advice for Getting Started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more!

We hate spam just as much as you

To post a reply or start a new discussion, create a free account or login.

Manage Keyword Alerts

View All Forums