• Investor
  • west seneca, NY
Votes |
tax liens/ zombie houses

Mark Elliott
  • Investor
  • west seneca, NY
Posted Sep 13 2014, 07:14

i have an interesting question for anyone who can educate me on this. here is the scenario:

i have found a " zombie house". owner moved out when the bank started foreclosure. the bank is not maintaining the property and has not completed the foreclosure process and taken title. the house is in disrepair and i am thinking the bank does not want to foreclose and take possession because the place is no where near the amount of money they would need to get out of it. 

my question. if i were to purchase the legal owners intrest in the house, could i push a foreclosure on the house and force the bank to act, or not act on their intrest? if they do foreclose, at least we have pushed it to that point. or, if they do not act, could i complete a foreclosure on my end and get the house?

the bank has NOT paid this years taxes. could i purchase the tax and put a lien on the property and force a foreclosure that way?    

any help would be greatly appreciated.    thanks to all. btw, we are talking the western new york area

Loading replies...