Votes
David Roberts
  • Brownstown, MI
Votes |
Title Problem Discovered During HELOC Application

David Roberts
  • Brownstown, MI
Posted Nov 21 2014, 11:37

This is AWESOME!  You guys are going to love this.

I applied at Bank of America (mistake 1) for a HELOC. I liked the option of interest only and a 10 year draw, etc. It makes for a cheap ability to keep money moving around for my purposes.

Anyway, they call me today and tell me that they ran a title search on my primary (the one I applied for HELOC) and I am showing a bankruptcy in 2013 and my girlfriend (also on the deed to the home) is showing a bankruptcy in 2012. We bought this house in 2010.

So I tell bank of america, "Hey, I just refinanced my rental property LAST MONTH with an 810 credit rating, how can this be accurate?"  She said "it probably is a mistake but you need to get it cleared." Never even missing a payment in my life I said "how the  hell do I do that?"  She said "I would start with your county clerk's office." Oh great.  Those that live and do anything in Detroit know how crappy that answer is, because it's nearly impossible to reach someone and they don't call back.

So, I spent an hour calling everybody and getting nowhere.  I then call a loan officer and talk to him.  He said they should provide proof to me that this is on there and then their title company should be able to fix it for me.  So i called bank of america rep back and she said she will call the title company and ask if they have any more info on this but that's the best she can do.

So i said fine.

So, I called my credit union where I should have gone in the first place.  They have my primary mortgage to this house.  I called, talked with them, they said no problem, when / if it shows up they will fix it for me.  LOL

Just to be sure, my friend's sister owns a title company locally.  I talked with her, and she said she could fix that in 5 minutes.  She said because both my girlfriend's name and mine are very common last names someone just screwed it up but it should be SIMPLE to fix, and she would fix it quick if I was able to use her.  

So, I'm hoping that's all it's going to be.  I am hoping that it will get cleared without an issue.  

I kept arguing with the bank of america rep, I said you haev my credit report, it shows NOTHING, and an 810 score, how can you honestly think i Have a bankruptcy from a year ago?  And she kept saying "yah it could be a mistake".  UH NO IT IS A MISTAKE!! MY GOD!

Anyway, isn't this fun?

Loading replies...