• Real Estate Investor
  • Decatur, AL
Votes |
Updates on My Tax Liens

La Ferria T.
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Decatur, AL
Posted Jun 22 2015, 20:44

Well, if you notice I had been quite actively previously and literally missing in action the last couple of weeks well here's why!

Remember a while back a wrote a post regarding partnerships and investing styles; well I thought I am a very good communicator and have been quite forthright with my partner on such things as my vision on the properties, rent portion, etc all which my partner indicated he had no ideas and everything I propose sound great.

Shortly, thereafter he went rogue!  He went to talk to the property owners ( which I mentioned that we would not do, but communicate through the letter of law for which our liens are governed.  

I indicated that we should and would consult with a RE attorney, he makes an appointment without me and in which the attorney wanted the certificates.

Well, in summary the 2 primary ( real moneymakers) were redeemed within 1 week of purchase.  Are you wondering if those were the ones which he went to talk to well you're right.  So, not only did we lose the potentially most profitable liens we didn't even receive any interest to boot!

The remaining 2 properties I have the certicates 👌 and haven't moved forward due to his shenanigans.  Recently, he called to ask me if I had made any moves or any new developments.  I literally had to bite my own tail to muffle my screams.

One property still has minimum potential the others potential is suspect; both properties were investments he wanted to bid on site unseen; in addition the overall land and property value didn't interest me yet I took one for the team. 

In closing, very disappointed in this investor/partner.  It is my desire that these properties are redeemed also, so we can part ways before this cat stops biting her tail and let's out one long scream😡

Loading replies...